Tuesday, August 22, 2017

A Fun Afternoon of Wellness on September 2

Walk and Talk - An Afternoon of Wellness
Saturday, September 2, 2017
Ever since I was a kid I was interested in wellness and exercise. 
My mom and sister spent one summer going to McDonalds everyday for lunch where I opted for a salad or sandwich at home knowing that fast food wasn't the choice for me. I picked vegetables in the garden with my Grandma, often eating them as soon as they were rinsed. And animals were always my friends not my food.
Then exercise... I am happiest when I am moving. As a kid it was years and years and years of tap, ballet, and jazz. We had 6 dogs so walking our dogs everyday after school and in the evening was my other favorite past time. In high school my best friend Laurie and I would power walk. Our peak was a 10 minute mile. In my early 20s I even became AFAA (Athletics and Fitness Association of America) certified to teach and train in the fitness arena.
This all kept going...
Living on my own I would make sure to read all labels, research what was in my products and food, and strive for chemical free living. Some situations and set backs a long the way but all in all - healthy living.
And now at 44, I am vegan. I do yoga, walk, Zumba, and hoop dance. And I also am a Young Living Independent Distributor. Essential oils support all areas of my life from cleaning products, to beauty products, to dental products, etc. Plant based! You can't go wrong in my opinion when you use what is naturally grown (ok... except for strawberries which I am oddly allergic to).
So - while doing yoga (of course) the other day I came up with the idea to have a fun afternoon of wellness with some friends. We'll go for a walk, have a snack, chat, laugh, and I will share some information about essential oils.
If you are in the San Diego area reading this and would like to join us, you are invited to an afternoon of wellness. Join me, Jim (my husband) and Hennessy (our pooch) at Liberty Station! We’ll meet at Starbucks at 3 pm (2401 Truxton Rd, Liberty Station, San Diego, CA 92106), enjoy a nice walk for 30 – 45 minutes, then head back to Starbucks for a snack of your choice. (There is also a Trader Joe’s, Panera Bread, etc. over there so we can all grab whatever snack we feel drawn to.) Then I will lead a conversation about how to kick toxic chemicals out of your home using wonderful essential oil products. Come for the fun, the frolic and the education! 
Here is the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1916886665217879/?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A%222%22%2C%22ref_dashboard_filter%22%3A%22upcoming%22%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22[%7B%5C%22surface%5C%22%3A%5C%22dashboard%5C%22%2C%5C%22mechanism%5C%22%3A%5C%22main_list%5C%22%2C%5C%22extra_data%5C%22%3A[]%7D]%22%7D

No comments:

Post a Comment