Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Equanimity

Today I started a new program on YogaGlo called Self Care for Women: Practices for Resilience and Grace taught by Elena Brower. Today's fist class was called "Equanimity". I have to be honest, I wasn't entirely sure what the word "equanimity" meant even though I have heard it many times. I looked it up and by the picture above you see it means "mental calmness, composure, and evenness of temper, especially in a difficult situation". I can certainly see that needed in yoga as there is an attempt to reach certain benchmark poses. And in life - yup, every day. I tend to get frustrated pretty easy ...even if you can't see it on the outside there is a good chance I am feeling it on the inside; just hiding it. I feel my lesson for the day from this class is to gain that equanimity on the inside AND on the outside; in yoga AND in life. I love classes taught by Elena. She is very wise. I always take away far more than a yoga practice from her classes. This is a four week program so I'll share more wisdom the journey continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment