Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Oola for Women - Day 6 - 21 Day Challenge

So here is today's challenge: "So...Today's #OolaforWomen Challenge is to look at your current friendships and disengage from a negative one. Evaluate your 3-5 closest friendships and adjust your boundaries or set a boundary with a toxic friend who may have a negative influence in your life. This could mean unfriending them on Facebook, asking for a change you need within the relationship, or not responding to negative texts from a controlling or manipulative friend in your life. When you set a boundary in a negative friendship, you make more room for positive relationships that make you feel like you are blessed with empowering, healthy relationships."
Believe it or not, I feel like all of my current friends are cool. I did a much needed toxic friend overhaul many years ago and have stayed fairly toxic free. I also only keep a close few friends and they are the awesomest. However when I read today's challenge what it brought to mind is a business group on Facebook that I am a part of and every time I see a notification from them I cringe. I do not like the vibe, the feeling of judgement there among each other. I don't even really post in there; just read the posts from time to time. I have remained a member due to a feeling of obligation - the leader of this particular group is a wonderful business acquaintance who I really like and has referred clients to me. For today's challenge though I am going to cut those strings and dismember myself from that group! Yeah me! And..... before I hit publish here on my blog....... It is done! Left the group!

No comments:

Post a Comment